Here are some sauces and items to be put on the side to perk things up! Also, if you run out of something like mayonnaise, there is a recipe for that too!
Roast your own Red Peppers!
Roasted red peppers have a lot of flavor and go along great with many types of food. Here is a simple way to get that wonderful flavor using your gas stove.
- Remove the burner grill and put the heat on high. Place the peppers directly onto the flames and allow it to turn almost completely black on all sides, turning it over with tongs.
- When blackened, place in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap. The radiant heat will continue to cook the peppers and effectively “poach” them.
- After 5-10 minutes, use a large knife and scrape all the black off, the skin should completely come off as well.
- Clean out all the seeds, and it is ready to go!
Make your own Roasted Garlic
- Take the loose skin off the bulb of garlic.
- Chop off the root and douse the top in olive oil.
- Wrap in aluminum foil and bake in the oven for 30 minutes at 400F.